For simple to complex metal parts, sand casting is one of the best and most versatile casting processes. It is an ideal casting solution for small quantities or large runs. This rough casting parts for CCD camera housing. Casting first then cnc machining. This is a high efficiency method.
Sand mold casting involves the following steps:
1. Initially, a prototype pattern generated to accurately duplicate the structure and design of a metal part.
2. The pattern is then placed into a box.
3. Casting sand is firmly inserted around the prototype on both sections of the sand mold. The sand around the pattern is rammed in order to create the part cavity.
4. Next, the prototype pattern is withdrawn from the sand mold flask, leaving a hollow impression in the sand.
5. A furnace is then used to melt ingots or scrap metal. It may utilize electricity or gas in order to achieve a desired temperature.
6. The sprue channel is used to pour the molten liquid into the empty sand mold cavity.
7. The metal settles in the cavity and gradually solidifies again as it cools.
8. After the metal has cooled down sufficiently, sand is removed from the cast part either manually or through mechanical means.
9. A metal saw or band saw blade is employed to remove the sprue funnel and vent hole burrs from the final casting.
10. The final step in the manufacturing process involves cleaning the casting, blasting away any remaining sand and removing burrs as well as any other imperfections from the parting line.
Rough casting and cnc machined parts .
Application: CCD camera housing etc
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.